Need Help?

Victim of Domestic Abuse?

We can offer a support service that will remain with you as you navigate your way through the many specialist services you may need to access and provide you with a single point of contact. We will help you regain or find the strength to move on in a healthy and independent way.

There are many scenarios that may affect you as a victim of domestic abuse. You may or may not recognise all of them until they affect you and your family. We have provided information on where to get help on a range of situations.

Risk of Harm | Debt Worries | Housing Issues | Health Issues | Legal Matters

Your Splitz worker can help you access these specialist services, and will support your application for assistance if needed.


Risk of Harm

Are you at immediate risk of harm?

Dial 999 and ask for the Police. Explain that you are at immediate risk of harm.

Flee the situation if you can safely do so. Contact a friend or neighbour for support until the police arrive.

Do you want to report abuse to the police?

Dial 101 to get through to your local police force. Explain your situation and ask for an officer to contact you.

If you are in immediate danger and it is not safe to speak, the Police silent call system can help. 

1. Dial 999

2. Listen to the questions from the 999 operator. Respond by coughing or tapping your handset, if you can.

3. If prompted press 55

This lets the 999 call operator know it is a genuine emergency and you will be put through to the police. 


Debt Worries

Do you have money worries or debt issues?

We cannot provide debt advice, but we can assist with budgeting. For free, professional debt management services try:

Citizens Advice

The Money Advice Service

Legal Matters

Do you wish to see a solicitor?

Find a Family Law solicitor where you live.

The National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) provides a free, fast emergency injunction service to survivors of domestic violence regardless of their financial circumstances, race, gender or sexual orientation.

Legal aid has changed. Guidance on legal aid for victims of domestic abuse can be obtained from the Ministry of Justice.

If you are a local solicitor providing legal aid support to victims of domestic abuse then let us know and we will include your details here.


Are you a Perpetrator of Domestic Abuse?

Do you recognise the signs that you may be abusive?

We offer specialist programmes for male perpetrators who wish to stop their abusive behaviour. These require a great deal of commitment and should not be undertaken unless you truely wish to change for the better.

We recognise that there are also female perpetrators. However, we don't offer a similar programme for females at this time. In the meantime, we can provide one-one sessions.


Children and Young People

Are your children affected?

You may not notice your children being affected by the abuse that is going on. 

We can offer a specialist support service for children and young people affected by abuse. We also can offer a FREE Healthy Relationship Talk Toolkit for young people to help them recognise what a healthy relationship looks like.  

Exploring Healthy Relationships


Parenting Alone?

You may have the same needs as identified above.

In addition we can offer a mentoring/befriending service to help you regain or find the strength to move on in a healthy and independent way.

Buddy Scheme


Splitz Support Service, Oak House, Epsom Square, White Horse Business Park, Trowbridge BA14 0XG
Registered Charity No: 1064764; Registered in England, Company Limited by Guarantee No: 3360057
Copyright © 2011-2020 Splitz Support Service. All Rights Reserved.