Single Point of Access - ISVA Service
We offer free, confidential and independent practical and emotional support to anyone living in Swindon or Wiltshire who has been raped or sexually assaulted, whether the assault took place recently or in the past. We support clients whether they have reported to the Police or not.
We support and treat clients with respect, regardless of their age, disability, position in life, gender reassignment, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion/faith or race.
We understand the difficulties you may face in coming to terms with the after-effects of sexual violence. An ISVA can be a friendly face that will support you through your journey. The ISVA service is about helping you make an informed choice and we are here to help you find your own way forward.
These are just some of the ways in which an ISVA can support:
- We provide a safe and confidential space to meet
- Practical and emotional support
- Help you to find ways of coping
- A full assessment to identify your needs and what other support you may need.
- To help you access specialist support, e.g. counselling, mental health support, sexual assault referral centre, sexual health,
- Support around education, employment and housing.
- To help you decide if you wish to report to the police and give you information about the legal process.
- Support you through the criminal justice system, to attend Court proceedings with you. Explain some of the legal jargon and processes.
- Liaise with the police and Crown Prosecution service on your behalf
- Support if you wish to share anonymous intelligence to the Police
- Support and information around the Complaints procedure